05 August 2011

Cool Chicken & Apple Salad Wrap (from Lin's Marketplace)

My sister-in-law made this for us. I'm not a huge fan of curry spice, but I thought these were delicious.

Ingredients
1 1/2 tsp curry powder, divided
salt
1/2 lb chicken breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 c unsweetened apple juice
1/4 c sour cream
1/4 c mayonnaise
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c diced peeled tart apple
1/4 c raisins
2 flour tortillas (8 inches) at room temperature
2 lettuce leaves
I added some celery as well

Directions
Cook chicken coated with a tsp of curry powder in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink in the center.
Combine the apple juice, sour cream, mayonnaise, cinnamon, and remaining curry until blended. Stir in chicken, apple, and raisins. Spread over tortillas; top with lettuce. Roll tightly.

I'm not a huge curry fan, but I thought these were delicious, and great for a summer supper.

No comments: