27 October 2009

Dark Chocolate

"A recent study from The Journal of Nutrition found that a mere 100-calorie serving of dark chocolate every 3 days is enough to reap its heart healthy benefits. Larger portions of the treat didn't provide any added benefits and could cause weight gain researchers warn." (From the Weight Watchers Magazine).
Best Bets:

I'm loving
Lindt Excellence Chili Bar (they now have a cherry chili I might try too).
Green & Blacks Maya Gold: rich, dark chocolate with a refreshing twist of orange that is perfectly balanced by the warmth of cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of vanilla (as they describe it). There are the mystery spices. I didn't know what to think the first time I tried it- but by the end of the bar I loved it. I think I am a chocolate + spices lover. I think I will have to try their ginger version.

No comments: