27 September 2012

Zucchini Banana Bread

We picked some Zucchinis out of the garden which we had let grow too long and so they were very large. I suggested we make some zucchini bread out of them, and then my son got excited and suggested that we make zucchini banana bread. I went online to find a recipe and found one that turned out delicious here:

http://mehanskitchen.blogspot.com/2012/07/zucchini-banana-bread.html#!/2012/07/zucchini-banana-bread.html

I think it turned out so well because it was very similar to our family recipe for "Grandma's Banana Bread."

 Grandma's Banana Bread
1/2 cup Sugar (reduced from the original)
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil or butter (reduced)
3 bananas, mashed

 
 
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
cinnamon
1 1/2 cups flour (I use white whole wheat)
 Zucchini Banana Bread
3/4 cup Sugar
 
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil or butter
2 small bananas, mashed
1 medium zucchini, shredded, moisture squeezed out (which I didn't bother to do)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
cinnamon
1 1/4 cups flour
Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.

I am very excited to be making different quick breads and hope to post a few more soon.

1 comment:

sar said...

I have to say how glad I was to see this post. I was wanting to make banana bread but didn't have my recipe. So thanks.