18 September 2009

Fake Fettuccini Alfredo

Sauce
1/2 c ricotta cheese
1/2 c yogurt
1/2 c real Parmesan cheese
1 Tbs butter
12 oz pasta
salt and pepper to taste

For Sauce:
Puree ricotta cheese with yogurt, butter and Parmesan in a food processor along with salt and pepper. Boil pasta according to package instructions. Then after draining past mix the sauce with the pasta while the pasta is still warm.

Alterations:
Add diced chicken and sauteed veggies. Alter the amount of pasta or the amount of sauce to taste - just keep the sauce proportions the same.

Comments:
The second time I made this I forgot to add the butter and the recipe did not taste as creamy or fettuccine like as I had remembered. I also added 1/4 cup more of the yogurt and cheeses. It is also possible I used a full fat ricotta the first time. The second I used low fat (but not fat free). A tasty addition was a couple of tablespoons of fresh mint finely chopped.

No comments: