22 June 2008

Spicy Asian Style Pasta Salad

So here is the pasta salad recipe I have been promising to put up
Source : August of 1999 Bon Appetite, Too busy to Cook Section


1 lb linguine, broken in half

4 Tbs Sesame Oil
3 Tbs Honey
3 Tbs Soy Sauce
3 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper

3 Red Bell Peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
3 C Snow Peas
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
3/4 C honey roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp Fresh Basil

Boil pasta until done. Drain and rinse. Transfer to large bowl.
Whisk 3 Tbs sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Mix dressing in with pasta.
Heat remaining 1 Tbs oil in a large pot. Add bell peppers, peas and onion and saute until just beginning to wilt (about 2 minutes). Add veggies to pasta. Add peanuts and basil. Serve.

Suggestions
I only used about half a pound of linguine when I made this I think and there was plenty of pasta in the salad. I also would use a low sodium soy sauce. Add feel free to reduce to 2 Tbs soy if you want, I think I did. As far as the bell peppers, red would be nice. I used green and yellow. For color contrast reasons it is nice to avoid green (plus the others are a little sweeter) but feel free to mix things up depending on price or what you want.

No comments: