03 March 2008

Chicken Tortilla Soup

This is so yummy!!!

You need:
- 1 can corn with juice
- 1 garlic glove (mince)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cans of chicken broth
- 2 cans (14 oz) of chopped/stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro (or more)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 cans black beans (drain)

Add all of these ingredients together in a big pot and saute on the stove. When it boils add

- 4 chicken breasts (boiled and cut up)

After that let everything warm up together. Dish up, and on the top add sour cream, shredded monterey jack cheese, and tortillas.

My roomies and I all made this together. It was so very delicious and yummy. I had two bowls because it was so tasty.

2 comments:

interestine said...

I have a version I make, but I'm open to trying it a new way. Yummy and easy.

interestine said...

OK- here is a version I created from this recipe and another recipe for a food storage meal you can store together as a meal. Just add together in a pot and mix.
1 can chicken broth
1 can corn, with juice
1 can beans, drained and rinsed
1 can refried beans
1 can chicken
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can green chilis, optional
garnish